EEG To Go at Shine Richardson
Shine is proud to partner with EEG To Go to bring you state-of-the art continuous EEG monitoring in the comfort of your home. EEG to GO is accepting patients at Shine Richardson for the initial EEG hook up starting April 15th.
What is an EEG and what are the benefits?
An EEG scans for and detects absence and/or abnormal epileptiform activity. It will locate and diagnose the location of the activity, type of seizure, and frequency of discharges. As well as,
- Determine differential diagnosis of seizure activity vs. behaviors and other mood or sleep changes
- Evaluate efficiency of current epilepsy medication(s)
- Evaluate cause of headaches or chronic insomnia
- Uncover conditions that have complex effects on kids with Autism, such as Landau Kleffner, ESES, Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, and more
- EEG to Go has found that some children with language deficits or regression are found to have left temporal discharges, and many of those kids show gains following diagnosis and treatment
- Abnormal brain activity at night can effect daily performance, focus, mood swings, & behaviors
- Many times the EEG reveals poor sleep hygiene, and interruption between stages, and even little to no REM sleep